- Identifying and selecting an add-on to metformin therapy in people with type 2 diabetes – both with and without established cardiovascular disease
- Exploring whether South Asian patients with type 2 diabetes have an incretin defect and the potential implications.
- Considering adverse effects and contraindications when using an SGLT2 inhibitor.
- Gaining perspective from both the Endocrinologist and Nephrologist on antihyperglycemic agents and renal protection and renal dosing of agents in type 2 diabetes.
- Identifying whether there is still a role for initiating sulfonylureas and when you would stop them.
Ronald M Goldenberg
MD, FRCPC, FACE
Consultant Endocrinologist, North York General Hospital
and LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology
MD, PhD, FRCSC, FAHA
Division of Cardiac Surgery, St. Michael’s Hospital
Professor Surgery and Pharmacology & Toxicology, University of Toronto
Harpreet Singh Bajaj
MD, MPH, ECNU, FACE
Clinical Endocrinologist, LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology, Brampton
Tariff Chairman, Section of Endocrinology, Ontario Medical Association
Founding Chairman, “STOP Diabetes” Foundation Inc.
Division of Nephrology, St. Michael’s Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto